Tuesday, December 7, 2010

What's Up With the Bomb Threats?

I had my Written Communications class last Thursday morning and I thought it would be just a regular school day.  I was wrong!  There were police all over the Coleman building and there were students standing around across the street from the building.  I was wondering in my head what was going on here?  I started to talk to some of the students that were next to me and they said something had happened in the Coleman building and that they had evacuated the whole building at around 9:00 a.m.

I got tired of standing around, so I figured I go over to the library and kill some time there.  I was surprised to see that the library was packed full.  I didn't want to be there, so I was going to get a bite to eat over at the cafeteria.  There were tons of people leaving the cafeteria building and that also surprised me.  I started chatting with some ladies that were standing there and asked them if the cafe was busy.  The ladies said it was packed with people who were evacuated from the Coleman building.  They also said there was a bomb threat at the Coleman building.  Word was that someone wrote that they were going to blow up the building in one of the bathroom stalls.  Of course in my sick mind I was thinking maybe the wrote down that they had explosive diarrhea!

Thank God there was not a real bomb in school and that we were all able to go to class within a couple hours of that scare.  Business as usual!  No bomb threat slows down WTC students!  Amen!

1 comment:

  1. Mike,
    After the threat basicly none of the students from our class showed up but I suppose they didn't know if they should come to class or not. I think it was written by a student to get out of a test or something which is pathetic. I was nervous though becuz I didn't know what was going on, they had the streets blocked off and everthing!

    ReplyDelete