Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Dancing With the Stars

I usually don't watch Dancing With the Stars, but I do know that most people that participate in the show usually have some kind of talent, or start out inexperienced and get much better during the duration of the show.  This years show, which is still in progress, has had quite a few different personalities on it.  There are sports figures, actors and actresses, singers, reality show personalities, and there is Bristol Palen.

I really couldn't see where she fit in this equation.  She is none of the above, and has very little talent except for having babies.  There are usually some talented dancing done by some of the stars right from the beginning of the show.  There are also some mediocre dancing done by alot of the other personalities.  I think it is one of those things that you either have it or not. 

This year started out that way when David Hasselhoff, The Situation, and other personalities got voted off the show.  It's kind of like American Idol where you see some of the less talented people in the bunch get kicked to the curb right away.  I started to watch the show this year, because I disliked The Situation.  He lasted a few shows and finally he was booted off.  As I kept watching, I was wondering why Bristol Palen wasn't also booted too.  She danced like a mannequin out there and showed very little emotion and charisma.  This kept my attention on the show.

All of a sudden, I started to watch very good dancers with really high scores get booted and Bristol stayed on the show.  I couldn't figure this out right away......then it came to me!  Her mother, Sarah, is really popular with the Republican crowd and this could be one way of showing her their loyalty by voting for her daughter if she was a good dancer or not.  I am not the only person that feels this way, Jimmy Kimmel has said many times that he thinks the Republicans are all voting for Bristol, just like it was an election. 

She is now in the final show which airs on November 23.  She just knocked out Brandy, the singer, which shocked most of the people who are on the show.  Brandy scored a perfect 30 points and Bristol received a 23.  To an extent, it almost seems like the show is rigged.  My sister told me this morning that the show is having a recount of the audience votes.  It seems that they feel that computer votes were tampered with, as to fixing the actual votes received.  This story keeps getting darker and darker, like Richard Nixon's Watergate scandal.

Both Sarah and Bristol Palen deny having anything to do with the voting.  let's see if this is true!

1 comment:

  1. Mike,
    I do believe it was rigged in some way, and yes I also agree that Sarah's fellow followers had something to do with Bristol staying on the show. I was also puzzled why she was even on there in the first place. They are just annoying to me.

    ReplyDelete